Marvel’s Newest Addition

Cooper Ingerson, BNN Reporter

Title: Eternals

Release date:  November 5, 2021

Cast:

• Gemma Chan (as Sersi)
  • Richard Madden ( as Ikaris)
  • Lia McHugh ( as Sprite)

Synopsis:  The Eternals are a superhuman race of beings who have lived on earth in secrecy for thousands of years. In this movie, they reunite to battle the evil Deviants.

Marvel’s Eternals is an action thriller that lives up to the Marvel standard. With beautiful cinematography and phenomenal acting, the film hooks and reels you in for the whole ride. Once you start you can’t stop watching till it’s over. The story line keeps you guessing what’s going to happen next. The movie begins in a classroom where the teacher (Sersi) comes in late and begins her lesson. Just then an earthquake happens and the children take cover under their desks. One student leans against a wall under a large stone tablet. The tablet starts to fall and, unseen,  Sersi runs over and turns the stone into dust with her bare hands.  Many Hollywood movies have characters who can fly, and usually these scenes leave me sick and dizzy. Eternals also has a character with flight abilities; however, the flight scenes are done so well at times that it feels like I’m flying with him, as well as watching him soar. However, with twisty backstories that have little information, it can be hard to follow the characters’ motivations. Angelina Jolie plays the character Thena. She plays this role so well that when she is struggling I want to root for her, even though I am unsure if she is good or not. She becomes emotionally and physically trapped and this raises a lot of tension in her scenes. You never know what she’s going to do next.  The eccentric costume design and amazing CGI make it worth the watch.

All in all I would give this movie a solid rating 3.5 out 5 stars.