New Librarian at BMU

Reese Sanborn and Cooper Mardin

Mrs. Jennifer Lund has recently been hired to take the place of long time BMU librarian Kate Davie. Starting next year, Mrs. Lund will be the new librarian for Blue Mountain.

This will be Mrs. Lund’s first experience as a librarian, and she feels fortunate to take on a new role at a school that she’s familiar with. “I’ve been an English teacher for 15 years, so I will bring a lot of my past teaching experience with me into this new position,” she said.

She is looking forward to this new professional adventure. One of her greatest joys as a teacher is connecting with her students and finding books that they will enjoy. In this new position, she will get to do that all day every day.

Mrs. Lund’s passion for reading has certainly contributed to her new role as librarian, but she especially loves the feeling of showing a student a new book and having them come back and say they enjoyed it so she can get them another book. Those moments are what have made her want to become a librarian.

When asked if she will miss being an English teacher, Mrs. Lund said, “I’m sure I will miss it, but I’m ready for this.  I’m ready to immerse myself into finding the best books I can for BMU students.” 

The transition is going to look chaotic at first until she gets organized in her new space. She said that she will be spending a lot of time at the school over the summer to get organized, “so the students don’t see chaos unravel.”