Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Prom tickets will be on sale Tuesday April 30th during lunch. See Mrs. Dube in the art room for tickets.
Prom Tickets For Sale
April 30, 2024

Trojans Conquer the Bucks

BMU-31 Trojans-35
The+Bucks+huddle+up+around+Coach+Farquharson+and+talk+over+the+game+plan+in+a+girls+varsity+contest+on+January+11th%2C+2024.+++
(BNN Photo/K.Murray)
The Bucks huddle up around Coach Farquharson and talk over the game plan in a girls varsity contest on January 11th, 2024.

WELLSRIVER, VT- On Thursday, January 11th, the Blue Mountain Bucks welcomes the Twinfield-Cabot Trojans ino the Dr. Harry M. Rowe Gymnasium for a girls varsity match-up. The Trojans would come out victorious 35-31 in this very close game. The Trojans came out strong, scoring three quick buckets in the post all coming from their tall senior, Alice McLane. McLane wasn’t the only girl scoring for Twinfield, junior Jorja Washburn also had six points her self in the first quarter and freshmen Chloe North making one shot from behind the arc putting them up 15-11 going into the second quarter. With the bucks being down by four they did not give up. both senior Felicity Sulham and Jordan Alley having four points in the the second frame with Sulham grabbing an offensive board and putting it back up and in to give the bucks the lead 19-18 heading into halftime.

The BMU senior duo would not stop there both combining for six point and Sulham again getting the bucks the lead back but with Twinfield not far behind, with McLane and Washburn also scoring six points together to keep them in the game going into the last quarter of play. In the fourth frame both teams would keep the fans on the edge of their seats going back and fourth, neither team would extend their lead past two up until a sideline out of bounds play gave the trojans an over the head pass to McLane pushing Twinfield’s lead to four with 30 seconds of play left. The Bucks tried to get a quick hitter with freshman Addison Murray taking a long three but bouncing of the rim and into the hands of junior Carley Mancini forcing BMU to foul but could not keep enough time on the clock to get back into the game. Senior Karli Blood had this to say about the game, “Even though we lost, I was very proud of how we played with perseverance and grit the entire game. Of course mistakes were made, but all we can do is learn from them and focus of out next game.”

The Bucks will fall to 3-3 on the season and will play the Danville Bears on January 12th, 2024.  The Trojans will improve to 5-1 and will face the Northfield Marauders on January 18th.

Blue Mountain: 11-1925-31

F. Sulham 5 (0) 1-4 11, J. Alley 6 (0) 4-8 16, A. Murray 1 (0) 0-0 2, K. Blood 1 (0) 0-0 2. 

Twinfield: 15-18-24-35

C. North 0 (1) 1-4 4, A. McLane 6 (0) 1-2 13, K. Fowler 0 (2) 0-0 6, J. Washburn 4 (1) 1-2 12.