Senior Spotlight: Ethan Gilding

Ricky Fennimore

Ethan Gilding is a senior who has attended BMU since preschool. Ever since he was able to, Ethan has played soccer, basketball, and baseball. He is currently in his fourth year of varsity athletics at BMU; he has also been a team captain. One of his favorite memories is winning the state title in basketball this year. His second favorite memory is going to Centennial Field in baseball during his junior year. In his sophomore year, Ethan was inducted into the National Honor Society. He has been a part of the Band and Chorus since middle school. He has also loved being a part of the Broadcast Journalism class because it covers a lot of his interests, including media and video editing. Ethan’s plans for after high school are to study Music Technology at Roger Williams University in Rhode Island. After college, he wants to become a programmer or an audio engineer.

For advice to the younger students, Gilding stated, “I would say just to try your best to cherish these moments, even the little ones because once you are out of high school these are the memories you will feed off of.”  He continued, “Ever since I entered high school I’ve tried to be like Chrissy Perry because she was my mom’s best friend in high school, and she would tell me how she was always nice to everyone and she was a huge role model. She participated in a lot of extracurriculars and was pretty much involved in everything.” If Ethan were to be remembered for something at BMU, it would be for his leadership and ability to get along with everyone.