Bucks Defeat Panthers in Varsity Baseball

BMU: 11 TA: 3

Ricky Fennimore, Sports Editor

WELLS RIVER- Last night the Blue Mountain Bucks took the victory over the Thetford Panthers 11-3 in varsity baseball. The Bucks were scheduled to travel to Thetford but the Panthers’ home diamond was not playable. As such, Blue Mountain hosted but still played as the visiting team. The Panthers held on to a two-nothing lead for the first few innings from Ryan Malloy singling and scoring one run, the other coming from a sacrifice fly. Blue Mountain was able to get some offensive numbers put up in the fourth inning coming off a Cameron Dennis sacrifice fly and a Cameron Roy triple, plating three runs.

BMU started Junior Evan Dennis who went four innings allowing four hits, two runs, and two walks while fanning 7.  Thetford scored one more run with Owen Murray on the hill for Blue Mountain, this would be the last run scored for the Panthers. Sophomore Owen Murray went two innings, allowing one run, walking one, striking out three while allowing a single hit. Cameron Roy played a huge role in this Bucks win with a towering three-base shot that put the Bucks in the lead. Roy also closed the seventh inning with three walks and one strikeout, allowing no runs.

Ethan Marshia took the loss for TA, allowing three runs, and one hit while striking out four through three innings of work. E. Dennis and J. Dennis led the way offensively for the Bucks with two hits apiece. With the loss, Thetford falls to 1-1 on the season and will host White River Valley on Tuesday. The Blue Mountain Bucks jump to 2-0 and will host The Danville Bears on Saturday, April 23rd.