Blue Mountain Dominates Williamstown

The+Bucks+gather+around+home+plate+as+Evan+Dennis+crosses+after+his+grand+slam+against+Williamstown+on+Thursday%2C+May+4th.+

(BNN Photo/A.Welch)

The Bucks gather around home plate as Evan Dennis crosses after his grand slam against Williamstown on Thursday, May 4th.

Kris Fennimore, BNN Staff

WILLIAMSTOWN-  The Blue Mountian Bucks traveled to Williamstown to face the Blue Devils and defeated them 39-0 on Thursday, May 4th. In this matchup, the Bucks sent Kris Fennimore, a sophomore, to the bump. Fennimore would go three strong innings allowing no hits, no walks, and striking out eight. Senior Evan Dennis was put on the mound, going two innings also giving up no hits, no walks, and fanning six. Fennimore and Dennis would combine for a perfect game.

The Blue Devils would start Colby Laggner and he would go 1 1/3 innings giving up 11 runs on six hits, walking five, and striking out three. Next, the Blue Devils sent out Brady Donahue and he would go for 2/3 of an inning allowing 12 runs on five hits, four walks, and striking out zero. For the third inning, southpaw Brent Shangraw was put on the hill and would toss 2 1/3 innings giving up 16 runs on 17 hits, walking none, and striking out two. To close the game for the Blue Devils, Lucas Donahue would pitch 2/3 of an inning allowing no runs, one hit, walking 2, and fanning one.

The Bucks stayed very hot on the offensive end, scoring 39 runs on 29 hits. Sophomore Brody Kingsbury led the Bucks, going 5-6 with three runs, and 2 RBIs. Ricky Fennimore a Senior for the Bucks went 4-5 with 5 runs and 3 RBIs. Evan Dennis also had a solid night at the plate going 3-6, one of which being a grand slam. Dennis would have 5 runs and 6 RBIs. The entire Blue Mountain lineup contributed with everyone having at least one hit apiece.

The Blue Devils will fall to 0-6 and will travel to Peoples Academy on Tuesday, May 9th. The Bucks improve to 8-0 and travel to Northfield on Saturday, May 6th.