BMU Visits Boston

BMU+students+enter+the+Citizens+Bank+Opera+House+to+see+%E2%80%9CBeetlejuice%E2%80%9D+the+musical+on+Friday%2C+May+5th%2C+2023.+

(BNN Photo/K. Blood)

BMU students enter the Citizens Bank Opera House to see “Beetlejuice” the musical on Friday, May 5th, 2023.

Karli Blood, Social Media Editor

WELLS RIVER – On Friday May 5th, 2023, BMU students involved in the art and music departments took a day trip to Boston, Massachusetts. Along the way, they stopped for a college tour at Plymouth State University followed by a trip to the the Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester. Once students arrived in Boston, they took a walk through the Museum of Fine Arts, enjoyed leisure time in Quincy Market, and ended the night with the production of Beetlejuice at the Citizens Bank Opera House.

Students arrived at school ready for their 7:30 departure for Plymouth State University, where students and staff got a closer look into college life.  Students then had two hours of free time at the Mall of New Hampshire allowing them to shop, eat lunch, and explore the mall activities. The bus continued on its way to Boston where the BMU staff and students explored the Museum of Fine Arts. This museum holds famous pieces such as “The Daughters of Edward Darley Boit” by John Singer Sargent and the ancient Egyptian Statue of Lady Sennuwy. The kids learned about art throughout many different time periods.

Quincy Market was the next item on the itinerary. From stores to restaurants and street shows, Quincy Market had many activities to keep the students entertained for many hours. Students had time to spend with their fellow classmates while eating dinner. The New England Holocaust Memorial, located next to Quincy Market, was a moving sight for the students, providing a moments of somber reflection in their day.

The excursion concluded with the production of Beetlejuice, which was named by many as the favorite part of the trip. Senior Evan Dennis, an art student, states, “I really enjoyed walking around Quincy Market and getting to do some shopping, eat food and watch street performers. I also thought watching Beetlejuice at the Opera House was very entertaining.” The BMU art and music departments hope to continue this annual trip to help their students explore many forms of art.