Bucks Top Cross River Rival

(BNN Photo/A.Welch)

Bucks gather around coach Scott Blood after coming off the field on Friday, May 19th.

Kris Fennimore, BNN Staff

WOODSVILLE- The Bucks made the short trip across the river to Woodsville and topped the Engineers 6-2 on Friday, May 15th. The Bucks sent senior Evan Dennis to the hill and he would go 6 2/3 innings allowing two unearned runs on three hits, walking three and fanning 14. During the 6 2/3 innings Dennis would reach a personal milestone; in the bottom of the third inning striking out his 200th batter in his high school career. In relief, Hayden Carle would go 1/3 of an inning allowing no hits or runs, while walking one.

The Engineers would put junior Mike Hogan on the bump and he would go 4 1/3 innings allowing four runs on three hits, walking five and striking out seven. Sophomore Jacob Putnam was put in to close the game and he would throw 2 2/3 innings, letting in two runs on five hits, walking none, and fanning three.

The Bucks continued to hit well with Ricky Fennimore leading the Bucks going two-for-three with two doubles, two runs, and one RBI. Kason Blood, Evan Dennis, and Cameron Roy would all have one hit apiece. Keegan Frigon would also contribute to the offense hitting a double which plated one run.

For the Engineers, sophomore Jacob Putnam would lead the Engineers offense going two-for-three with two singles, and one run. Mike Hogan would also have a decent night at the plate going one-for-three.

After this contest the Engineers record fell to 9-5 and will travel to White Mountain High School on Monday, May 22nd. The record for the Bucks improved to 14-0 and will travel to Peoples Academy on Tuesday.