BMU Tech Teacher is Retiring

(BNN Photo/ B. Kingsbury)

John Munson, seen in his office, prepares for one of his last days teaching at BMU

Brody Kingsbury, BNN Staff

John Munson has been at BMU for 23 years and is now retiring. He has been the tech integration specialist which means he collaborated with instructional and technical staff to help guide quality teaching. He has also been the technology teacher at BMU for 23 years.  Munson is sad to be leaving BMU but says of his time at BMU, “It’s been really good, it really has, because I get to do a lot of things I really enjoy and working with students in a subject matter I really enjoy.” Munson was so glad that he could do what he loved to do and that BMU gave him the opportunity to do so. Munson did robotics, movie making, graphic design, and web design.  He says” You want to be passionate about what you teach” and that’s exactly what he did.  Munson is excited to be able to spend time and do things with his wife and kids that he hasn’t been able to do, and be able to tend to things around his house.  In addition, he plans to travel as he couldn’t do as much of that while teaching. Munson says “It’s like a dream to be able to do some  jobs I’ve been trying to get to for a long time.”  Munson taught people a lot of great things and gave students opportunities to do things with technology they didn’t think they could do.  He helped a lot of people, and will be missed greatly by the BMU community.