Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Homecoming Wrap-Up

BMU+Senior+Karli+Blood+sends+the+ball+to+the+back+of+the+Woodsville+net+in+the+first+half+of+play%2C+Saturday+September+16th.++The+Engineers+would+go+on+to+beat+Blue+Mountain+3-2+in+sudden+death+overtime.+
(BNN Photo/ K. Murray)
BMU Senior Karli Blood sends the ball to the back of the Woodsville net in the first half of play, Saturday September 16th. The Engineers would go on to beat Blue Mountain 3-2 in sudden death overtime.

Spirit week at Blue Mountain was Monday September 11th through Saturday the 16th. Spirit week at BMU included a number of dress up days such as: Adam Sandler day, twin day, wild west day, tacky tourist day and jersey day. Friday night was the shared homecoming dance at Woodsville’s Dr John Bagonzi gymnasium. Saturday both the boys and girls had soccer games at the Woodsville high school soccer fields.

In the girls’ contest, both teams played a competitive first half with each scoring just one goal each. Junior Allee Rowe scored the first goal at the 15 minute mark.  Just two minutes later, Senior Karli Blood tied the game up with a rocket from just outside the 18. To finish the first half junior Lauren Hatch scored a goal making the score 2-1 Woodsville.  Immediately after the start of the second half BMU senior Jordan Alley scored a goal which tied up the game 2 to 2. Woodsville had many opportunities to score, hitting the Bucks’ cross bar numerous times.  On the boys’ side, Woodsville dominated in the first half of play scoring four goals while the Bucks failed to find the back of the net.  In the second-half, the Engineers worked on killing the clock with a passing game that proved effective, leading to no score for either team in the second frame.