Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Spring Break Plans?
Spring Break Plans?
April 21, 2024

Mural Comes to Vermont

The+all+new+St.+Johnsbury+mural+is+seen+below+the+sun+on+October+4th+2023.+This+piece+of+art+gives+the+community+more+color.++
BNN Photo/B.Kingsbury
The all new St. Johnsbury mural is seen below the sun on October 4th 2023. This piece of art gives the community more color.

Ángel Ramírez, World famous Cuban artist comes to Vermont with the opportunity to paint a 125 x 12 ft mural. Located in St. Johnsbury, on the Cary and Main Co. property, a beautiful piece of art is displayed for the public to view. Ángel and his partner Hanoi Perez, traveled down 91 south to visit Blue Mountain and tell their story. Ángel Ramírez went to art school specifically and was then a professor in Cuba. This led him to his passion for art. When Ángel Ramírez was asked about the mural, he said “We had a free canvas to do whatever we wanted.” When deciding what to paint on this mural, he knew he wanted to include the Vermont seasons into it. When comparing Vermont and Cuba’s weather, they are very different. Normally, Cuba is very hot and sunny with two seasons (“rainy season and sunny season”), Vermont has four seasons with a variety of different temperatures and conditions. Adding some special touches and features such as an axe, bear, snow shovel etc. The wall is complete. When asked about his favorite part about painting the mural, Ángel replied “The people that pass by and tell them beautiful things about their art and overall the relationship with the people.”