Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Prom tickets will be on sale Tuesday April 30th during lunch. See Mrs. Dube in the art room for tickets.
Prom Tickets For Sale
April 30, 2024

Alpaca Farm

Blue+Mountain+students+pose+for+a+picture+with+two+alpacas+at+Maple+View+Farm+on+October+17th%2C+2023.+The+students+taking+Spanish+learned+about+the+history+of+these+alpacas.+
(BNN Photo/ K.Blood)
Blue Mountain students pose for a picture with two alpacas at Maple View Farm on October 17th, 2023. The students taking Spanish learned about the history of these alpacas.

Blue Mountain students who are enrolled in a Spanish class took a field trip to an alpaca farm on October 17th, 2023. Located in Brandon Vermont, Maple View Farm Alpacas hosted these Blue Mountain students and taught them about the alpacas and what they do. The “fur” that grows on alpacas is called fiber. When they are sheared, the farmers take the fiber and run it through multiple different machines where they can then create things like blankets, rugs, sweaters, socks, gloves etc. With 100 acres, these majestical animals have plenty of room to roam and thrive. Alpacas come from the same animal group as a llama. Llama’s are much bigger and eat more but produce the same amount of fiber as an alpaca. Both llamas and alpacas originate from South America, specifically Peru. Overall this was a great experience for the Blue Mountain students to get out, learn and experience something new.