Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Prom tickets will be on sale Tuesday April 30th during lunch. See Mrs. Dube in the art room for tickets.
Prom Tickets For Sale
April 30, 2024

West Rutland Takes Down Blue Mountain

BMU+senior+Cameron+Roy+leaps+up+and+tips+the+ball+away+from+West+Rutlands+David+Noel+on+Wednesday+December+20th+2023.+
(BNN Photo/K.Murray)
BMU senior Cameron Roy leaps up and tips the ball away from West Rutland’s David Noel on Wednesday December 20th 2023.

WELLS RIVER, VT- On Wednesday, December 20th, the West Rutland Golden Horde defeated the Blue Mountain Bucks 57-36 in boys varsity basketball. This was a close match up through three frames with West Rutland leading by single digits through those first three quarters. The Golden Horde was able to break it open in the 4th with an 18 point effort.   West Rutland’s high scorers for the game were David Noel and Peter Guay, Noel having 20 points, 12 of them in the 4th quarter.  Guay had 19 points, 11 of those coming in the 2nd half. Braden Hogan and Garrett Owens both contributed to the scoring with 13 points each.

For the Bucks it was juniors Kason Blood and Kris Fennimore both having 10 points apiece.  Fennimore had 8 of his 10 in the third frame and Blood having 7 out of his 10 in the first. According to Blood, “We played a good three quarters of basketball, but the momentum shifted their way and they took advantage.  In the fourth quarter they were able to put the game out of reach.”  West Rutland improved to 3-0 with the win and will next face Arlington on the 23rd.  The Bucks fall to 1-1 on the young season and face Rivendell on Friday night.

Blue Mountain: 13-16-30-36

J. Saibau 2 (0) 0-0 4, K. Blood 4 (1) 1-4 10, C. Schafer 1 (0) 2-2 4, K. Fennimore 4 (2) 0-0 10, C. Roy, 1 (0) 0-0 2, J. Robetrs 1 (0) 0-0 2.

West Rutland: 12-24-39-57

P. Guay 8 (2) 1-3 19, C. Kessop 1 (0) 1-2 3, A. Bailey 1 (0) 0-0 2, G. Owens 2 (3) 0-0 13, D. Noel 10 (0) 0-0 20, J. Flood 0 (0) 0-2 0.