Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Spring Break Plans?
Spring Break Plans?
April 21, 2024

The Twinfield Trojans Sneak by the Bucks

The+BMU+Bucks+huddle+up+to+come+up+with+a+game+plan.+
(BNN Photo/A.Kingsbury)
The BMU Bucks huddle up to come up with a game plan.

Wells River, VT- On Friday, January 5th the BMU boys’ varsity team played host to the Twinfield Trojans. Twinfield won the game 50-48. The Bucks led for the first half of the match with 23 points and the Trojans were behind at 21. It was a very even game between both teams with the score very close throughout the game. The Bucks’ top scorers, Kason Blood had 14 points and Kris Fennimore and Cedric Schaefer Both had eight points each. The Bucks had some top-notch defense all game but what killed them was not being able to make their foul shots. Fennimore states “It was a little bit of a heartbreaker to lose another close game, but we’re going to come back from it and finish out the season.”

The Trojan’s top three scorers were Sam Russell and Brayden Cushing with 15 points each and Sam Churchill with 8 points. The Trojans won the second half with 29 points.  The Trojans packed it in tight with a two-three zone defense all night to limit the amount of inside shots from BMU. With both teams having such impeccable performance on the floor, this made it a tight game throughout the night. Sam Churchill ran into foul trouble as the game progressed. The Bucks are 3-4 and will play The Danville Bears Wednesday the 10th and the Trojans are also 3-4 and will play Craftsbury on Wednesday the 10th as well.

Blue Mountain: 7-23-37-48

J. Saibou 2 (0) 2-3 6, K. Blood 2 (2) 4-5 14, C. Schaefer 0 (1) 5-9 8, K. Fennimore 4 (0) 0-0 8, C. Roy 3 (0) 0-4 6, B. Kingsbury 0 (0) 2-2 2, I. Fraser 2 (0) 0-0 4

Twinfield12-21-36-50

Z. Hebert 0 (2) 0-2 6, M. Gauge 1 (0) 2-2 4, D. Hale 0 (0) 2-2 2, S. Churchill 4 (0) 0-0 8, S. Russell 4 (2) 1-2 15, B. Cushing 0 (5) 0-0 15