Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Spring Break Plans?
Spring Break Plans?
April 21, 2024

Bears Take Down The Bucks

Bucks+circle+up+in+preparation+for+the+game.+
( BNN.Photo/J.Kingsbury)
Bucks circle up in preparation for the game.

1/10/24- Blue Mountain and Danville had all the makings of a great match up. Two rivals going head to head. In the first quarter of the face-off, the Bucks played good defense and had an early 4-0 lead. However, as the quarter moved on Danville started to find their outside range. The Bears led 15-8 after the first quarter. Jamal Saibou scored 7 points in the first half, trying to keep BMU in the contest. The point gap inched further apart in the second quarter, when Danville added more quick hoops with Andrew Joncas making his 4th three of the half. Danville extended their lead to 38-15 at halftime. In the third quarter the Bucks struggled offensively, with only one field goal and 8 points from the line. Danville extended their lead to 53-23. The game was out of reach for BMU at this point.  Final score was 63-26 Danville. Jamal Saibou was the leading scorer for BMU with 10 points, and Andrew Joncas led Danville with 25 points. It was a physical game, and both teams fought until the end. The Bears took the first of 2 games this year, but BMU will try to get revenge when facing Danville again later in the season. BMU now has a record of 3 and 5 and will go on to play Craftsbury at home this Friday night, with the hope of bringing in a win. Danville is 6-2 and will go on to play Williamstown this Friday.

Blue Mountain: 8-15-24-26

J.Saibou 4 (0) 2-4, C.Shaffer 1 (0) 0-1, K.Frigon 1 (0) 1-2, I.Fraser 0 (0) 1-2, K.Blood 1 (0) 4-4, W.Emerson 0 (0) 1-2, K.Fennimore 1 (0) 2-5

Danville: 15-38-53-63

L.Palmeri 0 (10) 0-0, A.Guinard 1 (1) 0-0, V.Palmeiri 1 (0) 0-0, C.Calkins 6 (0) 0-3, S.Eldred 5 (0) 0-2, A.Joncas 4 (5) 2-2, A.Raymond 1 (0) 0-0, K.Guinard 2 (0) 0-0