Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Spring Break Plans?
Spring Break Plans?
April 21, 2024

LAYHA Makes a Trip to Regionals

Vermont State Amateur Hockey Association
Lyndon Area Youth Hockey Association (LAYHA) posing for a picture after winning the 12U championship at Kreitzberg Arena on March 3rd. LAYHA will be playing in the 12U regional tournament on March 23rd through the 24th at The Ice Center in Waterbury, VT.

The Lyndon Area Youth Hockey Association (LAYHA) is a 12U Tier 3 team that has earned a chance to play in regionals.  This gives them the opportunity to play against teams from New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, and Rhode Island. The regionals will take place on March 22nd through the 24th at the Ice Center in Waterbury, Vermont. To get to the regionals, the LAYHA Red Wings played in the 12U Vermont state tournament on Feb 23rd-25th. This tournament was a two pool round robin with 10 teams participating, and the top two of each pool advancing to the semi-final game on Feb 27th. The number three ranked LAYHA Red Wings played the number one ranked 12U Rutland team, with the LAYHA Red Wings ending up on top with a score of 6-5. They then advanced to the Championship on March 3rd at Norwich University playing against the number four ranked 12U Stowe team. Yet again the LAYHA Red Wings would end up with a win and a score of 3-1, claiming the 12U tier three state championship and heading to Regionals. 

One player on the LAYHA Red Wings is BMU’s own seventh grader Lance Perrigo. Perrigo has been ice skating since he was four years old, And has been playing youth hockey for nine years, three of those years being with LAYHA. “I have really enjoyed my time in LAYHA and I hate to see it end so soon but this season has been the best yet” said Perrigo.  He plans to move into playing high school hockey for either Saint Johnsbury Academy or Lyndon Institute. Going into the tournament he has a different kind of game plan, “Really I think the game plan is to go into these games with confidence and a good mindset.”