Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Spring Break Plans?
Spring Break Plans?
April 21, 2024

Blue Mountain Defeats BFA Fairfax in Season Opener

(BNN Photo: K. Ingerson)
The Blue Mountain Bucks run back into the dugout after their win with pitcher Owen Murray leading the team. Tuesday April 16, 2024.

WELLS RIVER- On Tuesday, April 16th the Blue Mountain Bucks defeated the BFA Fairfax Bullets 11-0 for their first win of the season. The Bucks sent senior Owen Murray to the mound. Murray had a four inning shut out, allowing no runs, two hits, two walks and seven strike outs. Freshmen Jacob Roberts took the hill for the fifth inning and closed out the game with two strike outs. The Bullets sent Ryan Sheehan in to pitch the first two innings allowing five hits, eight runs, two walks and one strike out. To relieve, BFA brought out Kris Mummard who allowed three runs, three walks, and had no strikeouts. BFA then switched to Muhel to end the night allowing one hit two walks and three strike outs.

Blue Mountain’s Murray had this to say after his outing  “Today was a great start to a season I’ve been looking forward to for months now. It’s been a wild couple months of grinding and it’s started to pay off. But I couldn’t have pulled it off alone; everyone showed up with great energy and attitude. And I gotta give a shout out to my catcher Kason Blood for making me look so good.” Blue Mountain now moves on to face Randolph Wednesday April 17th.