Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Prom tickets will be on sale Tuesday April 30th during lunch. See Mrs. Dube in the art room for tickets.
Prom Tickets For Sale
April 30, 2024
Spring Break Plans?
Spring Break Plans?
April 21, 2024

The Bucks Win Back to Back by Mercy Rule

BMU-12 Randolph-0
(BNN Photo:Tara Hamlett)
On Wednesday April 17th in Wells River VT, Blue Mountain’s varsity softball team celebrated BMU sophomore Kaylee Hamlett’s home run. The Bucks welcome Hamlett to home plate.

WELLS RIVER- On Wednesday, April 17th, the Bucks hosted the Randolph Galloping Ghosts taking the 12-0 win.  This was the second win in as many days that ended via the 12-run mercy rule.  The Bucks started the first inning holding the Ghosts to no runs while only allowing one batter on base. In the bottom half of the frame, the Bucks pushed one run across as BMU senior Karli Blood hit a two-bagger and later scored on a single from Ava Kingsbury. In the second inning, the Bucks allowed no runners on base while scoring again to make the lead 2-0. In the third inning, the Bucks allowed one batter on base but held the Ghosts to no runs, getting the runner out on third caught stealing. The Bucks then scored two runs making the score 4-0. By the fourth inning, the Ghosts advanced one runner on base but ultimately the Bucks kept them to no runs. Blue Mountain scored three more runs before BMU sophomore Kaylee Hamlett hit a home run making the score 9-0. The Bucks held the Ghost to no runs in the fifth inning while scoring three runs of their own, making the score 12-0 and finishing the game by way of the mercy rule. 

BMU pitcher sophomore Kaylee Hamlett adds “The game went great, we are getting better and work all together. I feel we have a really strong team and I can not wait for what the season will bring.” 

The Bucks improved to 2-0 on the young season and next face the Craftsbury Chargers on Friday, April 19th.

View Comments (1)