Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Prom tickets will be on sale Tuesday April 30th during lunch. See Mrs. Dube in the art room for tickets.
Prom Tickets For Sale
April 30, 2024

Bucks Continue their Winning Ways

BMU 18- Craftbury 0
(BNN Photo/K. Murray)
On Friday, April 19th in Wells River VT, BMU’s varsity softball team stands for the national anthem before playing the Craftsbury Chargers.

WELLS RIVER- On Friday, April 19th, the Bucks played host to the Craftsbury Chargers and came away with a 18-0 win.  This is the third game in as many tries that the Bucks have dispatched their opponent by way of the 12-run mercy rule.  BMU started the first inning holding the Chargers to just three batters up to the plate. In the bottom half the Bucks started off strong pushing four runs across the board starting with senior Karli Blood hitting a single, followed with a double from freshman Ava Kingsbury making the score 4-0. In the second inning, the Bucks continued to let no runners on base with only three batters up to the plate. In the bottom half of the second the bucks continued to hit the ball with a single from senior Karli Blood, freshman Ava Kingsbury, and freshman Gabby Snider. The Bucks would end up with 4 runs this inning making the lead 8-0. In the third inning the Bucks allowed no runners on base, while pushing hard to get three more runs in and making the score 11-0. In the fourth inning the Bucks continued to show strong defense and kept it to only three batters. the bucks would move to the bottom of the fourth and have their strongest offense in the game. Senior Karli Blood hitting an in the park home run making the score 15-0. continuing with strong offense freshman Addison Murray hit a single, and sophomore Kaylee Hamlett hit a double. The score at the end of the fourth was 18-0. The Bucks defense ended the game with a double play from sophomore Kennedy Perrigo and senior Karli Blood to end the game via mercy rule with a score of 18-0.

BMU pitcher sophomore Kaylee Hamlett adds “We were quicker at bat as a team and didn’t allow any runs this game and I think we played very good.”  The Bucks currently have a 3-0 record in the young season and will play  a combined Twinfield/Danville/Cabot team on Thursday, April 25th.