Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

The Bucks Mow Down the Golden Horde

(BNN Photo/K.Murray)
On Monday, May 13th Felicity Sulham hits a home run, scoring the first runs of the game.

Wells River, VT- On Monday night, the Bucks hosted the Golden Horde. The Golden Horde proved no match for the Bucks and were defeated 7-0. The first inning started with a quick three outs for the Bucks retiring the Golden Horde in order. The Bucks started with Karli Blood walking to first followed by back to back outs and then Kaylee Hamlett getting to first on a single pushing Karli Blood to third base. With two outs and two runners on Felicity Sulham drills a shot to center field that clears the fence giving her, her fifth big fly of the season putting the Bucks up 3-0. The following second and third innings resulted in no runs for either side. However, in the fourth inning the Bucks scored two runs without allowing the Golden Horde any leeway. The fifth inning was similar to the second and third with no runs scoring. The Bucks picked back up in the sixth inning scoring two runs while holding The Golden Horde at none. The seventh inning ended with the Bucks retiring the side. Senior captain Felicity Sulham stated “We knew they were coming for revenge, but we never let that get to us. We played our hearts out on the field. Our bats were on fire, and no matter how nervous we were, we executed each play. I am so proud of my team.” The Bucks continue to pave their way through the competition and will travel to face the Oxbow Olympians Thursday May 16th at 4:30.