Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

The Bucks Rip up the Richford Falcons

14-4
(BNN Photo/K.Murray)
Senior, Keegon Frigon batting against the Richford Falcons at the Ron Brown Athletic Field on May 17th. Frigon goes three for three from the plate this game.

Wells River, VT—On Friday night the Blue Mountain Bucks hosted the Richford Falcons, ultimately the Bucks would win in five innings with a score of 14-4.

To start the game off Blue Mountain had their ace Owen Murray on the bump. He allowed no runs, no hits, and no errors.  Murray also walked five batters  and hand eight strikeouts in his four innings of work. The Bucks later went to Cameron Roy who allowed three hits, four runs, one walked batter, and four strikeouts. Keegon Frigon then came in to close out the game allowing one hit, no runs, and no walks. Mikey Cunningham started on the hill for the Falcons allowing eight hits, 10 runs, seven batters walked, and four strikeouts and then went to Marcel Gendrun who allowed one hit, four runs, seven batters walked, and no strikeouts to end the game.  The Falcons were plauged with nine errors throughout the contest.

Offensively, Richford started off slow scoring all of their runs in later innings. BMU, in contrast, started off hot in the first frame scoring three runs and continued scoring in every inning. Top players for Blue Mountain included Jamal Saibou who went two for three at the plate. Keegan Frigon and Kris Fennimore were also productive in the batters box, each going three for three at the dish. Richford falls to 4-6 and won’t play again until the rematch with Blue Mountain on Saturday May 25th. Blue Mountain improves to 10-1 and will face Bellows Free Academy and the Woodsville Engineers before the Richford contest.