Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

The Bucks Get Revenge on the Engineers

(BNN Photo/K. Murray)
Pitcher Owen Murray pitched the last strike of the game giving the Bucks the win at community field.

Woodsville, NH – On Wednesday night, the 14-1 Engineers hosted the 11-1 Bucks. The Engineers ultimately lost the rematch game by a score of 7 – 5. Owen Murray pitched a complete game throwing hard every inning. In the final inning, the game tighened up as Murray allowed three walks and hit two players. Murray picked himself back up and ended the game with a stike out looking to Woodsville’s Dylan Marshall. Owen’s words on their performance was “Today’s been a culmination of the past six months. Most of these guys love to win and I know I love to win too. I went out here and shoved today, that’s the bottom line. These guys backed me up. Kason Blood, my catcher, couldn’t have done it without him. All my infielders, all my outfielders. Just a culmination of a lot of things.”

Offensively the Bucks started the first inning by filling the bases.  Jamal Saibou, Kason Blood and Kris Fennemore all made it home, making the score 3-0. In innings two, three, and four neither the Bucks or the Engineers scored. In the fifth inning, Fennemore started things off with a single to center field. Fennemore then stole both second and third base and scored on a wild pitch. For Woodsville, Landon Kingsburry lead off the inning with a double to left field. After an out, Ethan Fenn makes it to second on an error while Kingsbury scored. Colby Youngman made it to first and Fenn made it home. The sixth inning had no runs for either side, the Bucks keeping their lead. In the seventh inning Blood got to first with one out in the books. After another out, Murray hit a double to left field and scoring Kingsbury, puting the score to 7-2. In the bottom of the frame, Woodsville started off with a ground out to second but Kimball gets walked giving the Engineers hope. Fenn was able to find a way on to first just while Kimball got to second. Youngman gets walked to first as well, making the bases loaded. Jack Boudreault is then hit with the ball, forcing Kimball home.  Murray ended the game with a strikeout looking.