Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Blue Mountain Tops Stratton Mountain

(BNN Photo/ K.Murray)
On Friday, June 7th, Jacob Roberts delivers a pitch on the Jerry Piper Athletic Field in the first inning to Stratton Mountain. The Bucks would go on to win 22-2.

WELLS RIVER VT- On Friday, June 7th, the Blue Mountain Bucks hosted the Stratton Mountain School in a VPA quarter-final contest. This was a rematch from last years semi-finals. BMU would end up winning the game 22-2. Blue Mountain, looking to develop a pitching staff after losing their number one and two last year, has put several underclassmen to the test. On Friday, the freshman, Jacob Roberts started on the bump. Roberts went three innings surrendering two runs on two hits. Owen Murray came in for relief followed by Cameron Roy who each pitched an inning. SMS used three different arms as well.

Although the Bucks gave up two runs in the top of the first, they quickly struck back piling on five in the first. It didn’t stop there, BMU would then add two in the second, nine in the third and six in the fourth. Notable players from Blue Mountain include Owen Murray who went 3-4 and Kris Fennimore who went 4-4 with 4 RBIs. When asked about the victory, Fennimore said, “We started out a little slow in the first inning but finally came together and started playing the way we do. Everyone on the team participated, from guys out on the field to guys in the dugout keeping the energy up. It was a good way to start the playoffs.” Blue Mountain will move on to the semi-final game on Monday, June 10th, and will face Arlington Memorial, in a rematch from last year’s championship.