Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Spring Break Plans?
Spring Break Plans?
April 21, 2024

Local Teens Prepare for Winter Enduro

Peters replacing the air filter on his and Fennimore’s enduro car on January 4th, 2024.

Blue Mountain senior Luke Peters is building an enduro car to race with junior Kris Fennimore. This enduro car started as a Hyundai Elantra, but most of the interior has been taken out except the drivers seat. Peters and Fennimore have fabricated an aluminum racing seat in the passenger side as they prepare for the 2024 Winter Blast 100 at Riverside Speedway & Adventure Park.

Fennimore is excited as this is his first time down on the track. Previously, he’s been helping Peters since his second year in a street stock car. “We’ve been putting a lot of time and work into this car as we’ve been at the shop most nights after school and on weekends,” says Fennimore.

Peters has been racing since 11 years old in the youth truck circuit. He then moved to a street stock at 14 years old and began racing at Thunder Road International Speedway. He raced in that division for three years. In Peters final season in a Street Stock class, he finished fourth in points and capped off the season winning the Mini Milk Bowl Championship. Since then, he has been racing in the Flying Tigers at both White Mountain Motors Sports Park (WMMP) and Thunder Road.

Peters was announced rookie of the year at WMMP and fourth in points for the 2023 season as he drove on two tracks and 36 races.

Peters believes his new Tiger car, a Chevrolet Monte Carlo, is much better than his previous Monte Carlo because of a different build. With experience from the previous season in combination of a lot more seat time, he is excited to see what the future holds as each yearhe continuously perfects his craft.