Blue Mountain Student Journalism Since 2018

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Bucks News Network

Elementary Art Showcase

(BNN photo/Courtney Musty)

Wells River, VT- On Thursday, May 23rd Blue Mountain Union Art Teacher Jennifer Dube hosted the Spring Elementary Art Show in the Dr. Harry M. Rowe Gymnasium. Grades 1-6 showcased many independent and in-class workpieces they created. Some pieces that were shown, included Asian art specifically Blue Willow patterned china from second grade which consisted of learning about the Asian culture, viewing blue willow china pieces, and then recreating them with blue sharpies on a glass plate. The art show also highlighted Greek pottery from fifth grade which was clay that they sculpted to look like traditional Greek pottery. Color relationship crinkle paper art from sixth grade was also shown off helping represent the relationships between colors and how to use colors to contrast each other. Dube stated, “I’m incredibly impressed with all of the kids and their ability to be able to capture different styles of artwork and how they all persevered through some of the challenges they may have faced creating the art.”